I've seen the steering done like that in the past, yours and others.. but on this one it was a total brainfart. Wasn't until I started putting on the caliper stands that I snapped to what I did. I was worried about getting the pins out for the brass bushings.. turned out it was pretty easy to tear it down and fix it.
so I got a lot done this past week while on vacation, not as much as I had wanted but I tend to bite off more than I can chew at times..
Sat got a good bit done, Sick on Sunday with a stomach bug, Monday was good, Tuesday was a day at the Beach for the Wife and I which was awesome Good Meal afterwards., by the time we got home my sunburn was beginning to hurt. you can call me red belly and back, that sucked.. now Its all peeling.. ugh.., Spent almost a whole day getting the Hydraulic steering mount in place. test, grind, test, grind, finally got it right, then finished welded the truss and shock & Control arm mounts...took today to just be off and chill... one more day off ( Thanks Columbus ) getting the flu shot tomorrow AM, then going to spend more time in the shop. Forecast for next weekend is high in the 70's and Sun.. Woot!!
ordered a Artec short truss for the 14 bolt.. the one I got from Goatbuilt I just never really liked. .. it will be here friday. Steering is all here. been doing other projects round the place. really need to get the shop cleaned out, up and organized.. total pain in the ass.
Some progress...front 60 is ready except for the bolts for the steering linls to the knuckles. Pulled the 14 bolt out, removed the truss, tried the new one from artec, don't like it. Not enough room on top for the link mounts to get a full weld all the way around. Returning it and getting the modular truss.
Going to start on the 5.3 assembly, need to get that done and motor mounts in place so i can get started on the drivetrain.
Got some stuffs done this weekend. Welded up the Artec Truss, tacked it to the axle, made my upper rear links,. now I need a 5\8" drill bit to ream out the holes in the link mounts. got a week off for Turkey Day. should make some good progress.
My buddy Josh at Goatbuilt recommended using a 5/8 reamer to enlarge the holes on the link mounts, it came in today. Game changer, made short work on the link mount brackets. Got the weld washers welded on, now deciding if I should shorten the links. They are both all the way in, probably should cut a 1/2" off each one. Once I get the upper links set and welded, I can put the tires on the rear axle. Progress continues.